Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The truth is...

The past two-ish months I have had to break the news that my boyfriend and I broke up.

In some instances before breaking the news I have had to explain that
"no I am not engaged."

Breaking up sucks!

I have felt much grief.
This last weekend something finally happened in my heart that I cannot explain.
It is lifted again, I don't turn off the country radio station anymore.
I don't cry when I hear certain songs on the radio.

In fact this morning I turned on the radio and "Oh you make me smile" began.
I swear you would have thought I just started a cd
I thought in my head "no this will not make me sad"

The truth is he still makes me smile.
Maybe not with the same meaning.
But I have fond memories of time spent with a good friend.
A friend I will always cherish.

I told someone today that we broke up and her response was "jerk"
I guess that is the girlfriend response.

But the truth is he was honest.
The truth is he did what was best for me.
Do I like it? I am getting used to it.
The world has not ended.

The truth is I will always speak highly of him.
The truth is he has a great character.
The truth is I am blessed to know him.
The truth is he is my friend!

1 comment:

tck4texas said...

and that Michelle...is why you are a wonderful, positive, endearing, amazing friend that I so look up to!