Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Precious moments!

Today was a special day of precious moments.
My niece was blessed today.
Kyrah Lea Clements

It was a precious moment watching my dad and brothers and my sister in laws brothers and father get up to stand in the circle surrounding this sweet new little girl. My youngest brother, not yet old enough to stand in the circle performed his priesthood duty by holding the microphone. It was a precious moment hearing my brother, Kyrah's father, pronouce a blessing for her life. 9 men in the circle and my 13 year old brother holding the mic. What a way to start a life than to be surrounded by such good examples.

My other precious moment came shortly after when my 13 year old brother came and sat next to me. My heart has been grieving for the past little while and it seems will continue for a time and my sweet brother understands that I am sad. When he sat next to me he put his arm up over my shoulder and gave me a pat and left it there for the remainder of the meeting. He would have done this regardless of the sadness in my heart, but it lessened for a moment as he shared his love as a 13 year old with his 27 year old sister.

2 comments:

Rebex said...

Aww, what a sweetie. :)

Elizabeth said...

What a cool experience! Sounds like the blessing was just wonderful.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. You are an amazing woman! I wish I could be there in person with you right now!