Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Disciple of Christ


I attended the funeral of a true disciple of Christ today, Darryl Townsend.
I knew him because he is the Father of my wonderful sister-in-law Kami.

As I listened to the stories shared by her, her brothers, and Sister Townsend I came to know of his love for our Savior better than I had known.

A family always knows us the best and his family shared that he was a spiritual giant and a master teacher. You could see it by the presence of so many in the room coming to pay their respects to a man who had touched their lives in one way or another.

My life will forever be touched by his because my brother made the wise decision to bring his only daughter into our family. As I have spent time with her I have seen her joy in life, her dedication to the gospel, and her unconditional love of others.

She is a great mom, raising my niece and will forever be a blessing to those who surround her. I can see in her the lessons and principles that her father taught her, and she will now carry on to her children.

I left his funeral with an even greater desire to serve the Lord. To do it in strength and unapologetic-ally. In a world that often frowns on those with faith, I received a greater witness that this is truly what life is about and that this life prepares us to continue in that work of our Heavenly Father's Kingdom.

Darryl Townsend was a Disciple of Christ on this earth, and he continues to be a Disciple of Christ, sharing his love, his testimony, and his devotion with those who did not have the opportunity to hear the gospel on this earth. He will continue to bless the lives of the living as well as those who have passed on.

Thank you for the legacy you have left and the inspiration that you continue to provide!

No comments: