Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Invisible sign


Sometimes I ask myself if I am wearing a sign that says

"Mormon* men don't ask me on a date."

Seriously?

I'm Beautiful
I'm Spiritual
I laugh
I have fun
I can take a joke
I work out
I'm smart
...

Is that not good enough for you?

I heard a talk given by Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf today.

Amidst his much wisdom he said,

"Sometimes they are wondering why no one asks them out."

I could relate!

Here is me in an attempt at taking off the sign that I am apparently blinded to.

I am sure I will regret this post in the morning

I will get pity comments, others who think I am too emotional, others who think I am to honest for the world to see, and then there will be other women who feel the exact same way as I do, "Why don't I get asked out, I am amazing!"

All I really wanted to do was rant** and shout out to the amazing women in the world who love and give and yet at times feel neglected.

* I specify mormon because I get asked out often enough by men who are not mormon. Apparently they are also blinded to the sign.
** So please don't leave a comment saying "you will find your one true love someday", I get it, I don't want a pity party, I am releasing so I can move on and enjoy the fact that I will be traveling this next month to West Palm Beach, Florida; San Diego, California; Salt Lake City, Utah. My life is not one to be pitied. It is one to be jealous of. :) I get to live an amazing single life and prepare for my one true love! Rock on! ;)

2 comments:

tck4texas said...

Oh Michelle, your gonna find true lov....er, uh, I mean.... HA! Sign has been removed! BAM, Take Action and on to Florida, Utah, and California. That's right, you're single and look what you can do!

Elizabeth said...

If I knew how to remove it I'd remove it off myself! :)