Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Conversations with God

Child: Father, my heart hurts! There is pain in my chest that brings these tears to my eyes, that allows these sobs to come out of my mouth. I don't know what to do. I am fighting with all that I have and I don't know if I have the strength. My heart is afflicted, my mind is in chaos. I want to be mad, I want to scream! Why do I have this pain? Will you take it away?

God: My child, I understand your heart hurts, I see your tears and hear your sobs, you are not alone. Have patience, bear with all manner of afflictions. Do not revile. Have patience, and bear with those afflictions, with a firm hope that you shall one day rest from all your afflictions. *

Child: I know that you love me Father, I see that you have heard my cries. I don't understand, but I will trust your voice, I will trust your hand.

God: Remember in your life when you have trusted your heart to me and you have been filled with joy?

Child: I do

God: Remember how I have prepared you for things to come, and that in my strength you have succeeded?

Child: I see

God: Remember how I have comforted you, that I have encircled you about in my embrace? Remember that I have put my words in your mouth and have covered you in the shadow of my hand? ** I give unto you these things that ye may be prepared for the things to come, for great things await you.*** All things must come to pass in their time. Be not weary in well-doing. I require the heart and a willing mind.**** I will show unto you what I will concerning you, or what is my will concerning you.***** By my spirit I will enlighten you, by my power you will know my will, even that which eye hath not seen, nor ear heard.****** In my service you shall have strength, be patient in afflictions for you will have many, but endure them for I am with you.*******Know that through these experiences you are becoming who I know you to be. Blessed are you for you will be with me. Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not. Be faithful and know, my child, that I am God.

Child: Father, I understand! In your strength I will fight. I will be faithful and trust in thy will, knowing that you will lead me. I know that thou art God! In my weakness I will seek for your strength and in my heartache I will seek for your love. I will seek for your Son, Jesus Christ who has taken upon himself my pain, my weakness, my infirmities that he may aid me in my afflictions.********

*Book of Mormon Alma 34: 40-41
** Book of Mormon 2 Nephi 8:12-16
*** Doctrine and Covenants 45:61-62
**** Doctrine and Covenants 64:32-34
***** Doctrine and Covenants 66:4
****** Doctrine and Covenants 76:10
******* Doctrine and Covenants 24:7-8
******** Book of Mormon Alma 7:11-12