Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Good Things to Come

By small and simple things great things come to pass. That is what I feel the lesson of 2012 is. By my faithful small and simple actions great things will come.

With the end of a year and a beginning of a new one, I have felt full of hope for the future. In trying to decide what my new years theme would be I felt impressed that "Good Things to Come" echoed the feelings of my heart and described what I felt would be an important focus for me in this coming year.

 
"Keep your eyes on your dreams, however distant and far away. Live to see the miracles of repentance and forgiveness, of trust and divine love that will transform your life today, tomorrow, and forever." ~ Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

Grow old along with me!
The best is yet to be,

The last of life, for which the first was made:
Our times are in His hand
Who saith,“A whole I planned,
Youth shows but half; trust God: see all, nor be afraid!”
[Rabbi Ben Ezra (1864), stanza 1]
 


No comments: