Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Jalapeno Popper ...What!

Mmh, Jalapeno Poppers.

It's like a party in the mouth. Quite literally.

Each bite is an explosion of flavor from the spice of the jalapeno, to the saltiness of the bacon, and the creaminess and gooey-ness of cream cheese.

They are wonderful!


While shopping at HEB* the other day I splurged on some pre-made jalapeno poppers to go with my fajitas I was planning to make for dinner that evening.

That night as I was nestled all snug in my bed
I had visions of jalapeno poppers dancing in my head

I began to think of other delicious ways where I could enjoy and explore these flavors and an idea was born. Jalapeno Popper Pot Pie**

Here are the pictures of my recipe creation:


Cream Cheese Sauce





Just before entering the oven

Yummy, all nice and bubbly from the Oven
I liked it! Maybe not the best for a main course, but a great side! Obviously it is not on the healthy side of things. Sometimes you just need to splurge!
Had enough of a kick to get my nose to run, I'd call it a success!

While making the above recipe, I also decided to try my hand at loaves of bread from the oven. So far I have only ever made Banana Bread in the oven, the rest has always been my bread maker. I looked up a yummy recipe online and gave it a shot.

I used it today in my lunch for my Turkey sandwich. Yep, it was pretty awesome! Soft and every bite gives you a taste of cheese. Who doesn't like cheese?

Another Success!

Next I am going to try a recipe I found for Jalapeno Cheese bread. I can't wait to eat a sandwich or hamburger off of this!!

* The grocery store everyone misses when they leave Texas.
** I have been on a pot pie kick lately, exploring all sorts of different kinds I can make.

No comments: