Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Life's Patterns

"The Lord commands. And to those who obey Him, whether they be wise or simple, He will reveal Himself in the toils, the conflicts, the sufferings which they shall pass through in His fellowship, and...they shall learn in their own experience who He is." Albert Schweitzer

These past several months I have been reflecting on the difficulties that life's challenges bring us. Mostly because I am surrounded by many tough things as I watch co-workers who I have worked beside lose their jobs because the company can not afford to keep everyone there, and the knowledge that this very thing could happen to me. As I listened to the rumors that go flying around and the fears that my co-workers express I again am so grateful for a Prophet and Apostles who receive revelation from our Savior Jesus Christ for our times right now! They constantly remind me in who I can trust. They remind me of the hope that I am able to have and realize that I will not be left alone. These quotes below and above are some that have brought, hope and peace into my life amongst turmoil and possible strife.

"One of the challenges of this mortal experience is to not allow the stresses and strains of life to get the better of us - to endure the varied seasons of life while remaining positive, even optimistic."
"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test-to return and live with our Heavenly Father" ~ Elder Tom Perry - Apostle of Jesus Christ

No comments: